Columbia Specialty Company was founded in 1962 by Walter Kent and Jack Burmeister, piping supply men who originally distributed stainless steel pipe to the oil, chemical and power industries in Southern California. In 1975 Columbia Specialty moved to a 15,000 square foot facility in Paramount, California. During the late 1970s and 1980s Columbia expanded its operation to include a machine shop with the capability to make specialty pipe fittings and modified piping products. It was during this time that Columbia began to develop a reputation for having the ability to supply almost anything related to industrial piping systems with the motto “if you can’t find it, we’ll make it!”
Throughout the 1980s and 1990s Columbia Specialty continued to develop as one of the premiere suppliers of stainless steel and alloy piping products and began offering welding fabrication to compliment the thriving machine shop. The turn of the century saw new ownership and expansion at Columbia Specialty Company.
- Columbia Specialty Company was purchased by Mike Taylor and John Fitzgerald
- Purchased StainSteel, a stainless steel piping distributor in Downey, CA
- Purchased Plumbing World, a plumbing distribution company in Long Beach, CA
- Made a substantial investment in carbon steel piping inventories
- Acquired new fleet of delivery trucks
- Purchased Azusa Pipe & Tube Bending, located in Azusa, CA
- Opened a new branch of CSC in Sacramento, CA to service customers in Northern California
- Southern California branch moved into its permanent 2.5-acre home in Long Beach, CA
- Northern California branch moved into its permanent 2-acre home in Sacramento, CA.
- Purchased Globe Pacific in San Jose, CA
- Branches opened in San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
- TriStar Industrial purchases the assets of Columbia Specialty Company. Continuing its 50 year experience as one of the largest independent PVF distributors in California.
Throughout its history, Columbia Specialty Company has developed a reputation for quality products and superior customer service. We strive to satisfy our customers, representing quality piping products and meeting our fabrication and delivery commitments. Over the last fifty years, Columbia Specialty expanded its customer base to include the petrochemical, power, aerospace, marine, water filtration, and commercial construction industries.
Columbia Specialty Company
Long Beach - Manny Martinez
San Diego - Cody Taylor
Sacramento - Anthony Roca
San Jose - Daniel Ruiz